Thursday, June 11, 2009

2. Throttle and Choke Cable Adjustment

Throttle Cable Adjustment

May first step was to convert 2mm, 3mm and 4mm to inches so I could use my dial caliper to measure the freeplay in the throttle.

2mm = 0.078
3mm = 0.118
4mm = 0.157


My next concern was that the book said that adjusting the throttle and choke cable could affect the throttle bodies. I'm going to chance it.

As you will see in the photos below I used a seam in the grip as a marker to measure from.




You can't tell from the photo because it is hard to take a photo and hold that caliper but the cable had stretched and I had to adjust the freeplay.

Here is a photo of the adjuster.



You have to loosen the larger silver part to free up the part to the right. I gave it a couple turns and rechecked it.

I got it set at 3mm and the tightened the locking part.

Choke Cable Adjustment

Tomorrow I will fire the bike up to check and adjust the choke.

Fingers crossed it doesn't mess up the throttle bode adjustment. I don't see how it could.





No comments:

Post a Comment