Wednesday, June 3, 2009

1. Brake Inspection

Brake and clutch fluid change / check pads

After feedback I received on www.nedr.org and the inspection chart in the factory service manual I decided not to replace all the Dot4 fluid till 12k.

I'm going to return my Silkolene towards oil and a filter.

So tonight I checked all the pads for wear.

The Front pads do not have the grooved indicator but they all measure around 3/16th which works out to around 4.5mm. With anything over 1.5mm being safe I'm good.
See Photo Below:

Front brake side outer pad:


Front brake side inner pad:


Front clutch side outer pad:


Front clutch side inner pad:


The Rear pads have a lot of live before I'm to the indicators. Those are the grooves down the middle.

Inner rear pad: It is a bad shot, there is a lot more pad left then it shows but you can see the groove.


Rear outer pad: you can see the groove easier.


Tomorrow hopefully the weather will be nice and I can use up some of my gas to make room to replace the fuel filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment